Lecturer / Curriculum Officer
Our Hong Kong Foundation Limited – China Institute
Our Hong Kong Foundation Limited is a non-government, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the long-term and overall interests of Hong Kong through public policy research, advocacy and engagement. Pooling together local, mainland and international talent, the Foundation studies Hong Kong’s short, medium and long-term development needs, offers multi-disciplinary public policy recommendations and solutions to foster social cohesion, economic prosperity and sustainable development.
The Foundation has recently set up the China Institute (CI) which aims at broadening and enriching the awareness of Hong Kong people in Chinese history, culture and the country’s contemporary issues, and promoting harmony between Hong Kong and the country.
Led by Professor Cheng Pei Kai, CI is looking for top-tier candidates who will work closely with prestigious scholars on preparing quality programs and course curriculum on the above subjects for our young people in particular.
We offer competitive remuneration package that is commensurate with the qualification and experience of suitable candidates.
The Lecturer / Curriculum Officer will be responsible for:
• To develop program curriculum for a summer short course, a semester-long course and an elite group program in Chinese History & Culture and the country’s contemporary issues;
• Networking with tertiary institutions to seek opportunities for course offering, organize seminars and talks for students;
• To perform teaching duties, including preparation and delivery of program materials, supervision of students’ projects and other academic activities;
• Write and edit insightful articles about Chinese History & Culture and the country’s contemporary issues;
• Student and academic administration;
To assist in organizing and coordinating special projects and functions, including but not limited to consultancy services, research studies, seminars and exhibitions.
• A recognized PHD degree in Chinese history or Chinese culture, or equivalent is preferred
• 2 years of working experiences in program or event management for sizable organizations
• High proficiency in Cantonese, English and Putonghua
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-motivated, sociable and able to work under pressure and tight deadline
Interested parties please send:
1. full resume;
2. cover letter;
3. copies of academic transcripts;
4. a portfolio of up to three pieces of previous relevant work;
5. present and expected salary;
by email to: email@example.com or by post to: Our Hong Kong Foundation Limited, 19/F, Nan Fung Tower, 88 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months from the date of this advertisement should consider their applications unsuccessful.
All information provided by applicants will be handled with strictest confidence and will be solely used for the purpose of recruitment.